Incight is proud to facilitate internship opportunities between job seekers with disabilities and Oregon host employers in the community via a limited number of stipends. Participants of an internship will gain on-the-job training along with the chance to expand their network in the search for a permanent position. In addition, they will be receiving real world experience, clarity and focus within specific job paths, the chance to establish connections with an employer, and tools to build their resume. Where applicable, Incight will assist in connecting a job seeker to a host employer. Incight will conduct pre and post-assessments with managers and participants to further document the experience.
- Must be +16 years of age
- Have a documented disability
- Current Oregon Vocational Rehabilitation client with an ORCA PID number (required on application)
By participating, a job seeker agrees to:
- Act as the liaison between the host organization and Incight
- Work with host employer to determine weekly schedule and discuss expectations
- Communicate with Incight if obstacles arise
By participating, the job seeker and host organization understand:
- The internship, even though it includes actual operation of the facilities of the employer, is similar to training which would be given in an educational environment
- The internship experience is for the benefit of the intern
- The intern does not displace regular employees, but works under close supervision of existing staff
- The intern is not entitled to a job at the conclusion of the internship
Incight will process and allocate the set internship stipends. The stipends are provided to help cover costs incurred by the intern while participating in the internship. The total stipend available is $1,400.00 after 120 hours of work have been completed. An intern may choose to take a partial payment of $700.00 after a time card signed by their supervisor, indicating 60 hours of work completed, is submitted to Incight’s Employment Department via the online portal.
- Find an internship host employer or contact Incight for support connecting with potential internship host employers.
- Click the “Register” button at the bottom of this page to create a username and log-in. You will be required to verify your email address to continue.
- Once you have confirmed your email address, you may log-in and select “My Application” from the drop-down ‘User Menu’ to start a new application or continue working on an existing application. Once you have started an application you may save and return to complete at a later time. Please note: submission of application does not automatically guarantee approval for stipend.
- Please mark application as ‘complete’ for final submission. The application can no longer be edited once it is marked ‘complete.’ Please note, all fields must include requested information to be considered. (“N/A,” “TBD,” etc., in any field, will not be considered complete.)
- Incight will evaluate application and respond via email within 1 week to confirm if applicant is approved for participation. Approval status will also be reflected on the ‘My Application’ page.
- Once an application is approved, intern may log back into portal and select ‘Upload Internship Files’ from the drop-down menu to access additional paperwork required for internship. Submission of a W-9 form is required as soon as internship is approved.
- Intern may start recording hours using Timesheet 1.
- After 60 hours, intern is responsible for submitting signed Timesheet and Midway Evaluation via the online portal (‘Upload Internship Files’). Please label files with first and last name, and select the appropriate description of file from the drop down menu. A check for $700 will be mailed to the address provided on the application within 2 weeks of submission.
- After 120 hours, intern is responsible for submitting second, signed Timesheet, along with 2-part Post-Assessment form to be completed by internship supervisor and intern.
- After all documents are received (W-9, Timesheet 1 with Midway Evaluation, Timesheet 2, and 2-part Post-Assessment form), a check for the remaining stipend amount will be mailed to the address provided. Intern should expect the check to be mailed within 2 business weeks.
Interns are responsible for communicating with their potential supervisors about expectations and any necessary accommodations. Incight will assist the intern as needed.
- Complete application and Pre-Assessment to apply.
- Receive written approval for participation from Incight.
- Upload W-9 form.
- Maintain weekly Timesheets (provided by Incight).
- Work a minimum of 60 hours to receive partial stipend, work 120+ hours to receive full stipend.
- Submit Timesheets to Incight, signed by internship supervisor, after completing 60 hours and again after 120 hours of work (required to be eligible for stipend allocations).
- Submit 2-part Post-internship Assessment (completed by supervisor and intern) along with Timesheet at the completion of 120 hours of work.
Internship lengths will vary depending on the intern & employer’s goals. Average internships last 2-5 months.
Contact Us Anytime
Feel free to contact Incight anytime during your internship to check in, ask questions, or request support.
971-244-0305 | firstname.lastname@example.org | 111 SW Columbia St. #1170, Portland, OR 97201Register